Just Checking In... Weekend Recap :)

Sunday, January 6, 2013

 
Hey Y'all! I'm sooo happy to say that I'm 100% back to normal now. Over this sore throat-snotty-sickness think I've been dealing with since the start of the freaking new year. Anyone else know what I'm talking about??
We had a fun weekend & now we are ready for the busy week ahead. And a busy week it will be, because next week we are heading to.... Mexico! Yayyyuh! So this week will be one long to-do list & tying up loose ends.
 
My toes are ready! [but nothing else is!]
 


Friday we had pizza with friends at a local little place called Frascelli's. Buffalo Chicken pizza to be exact. To die for. Along with a Woodchuck beer/cider.
 
Saturday we drove to New Albany, IN to pick up this entertainment center/cabinet/storage thing that I found on Craigslist for cheap.
 
This is part of my 'let's transform the dining room we don't ever use into a multi-purpose dining room slash office area' idea. This will house my laptop, files, etc. Basically it will be a little desk area that I can close the doors on & hide away... then the dining room table can double as a workspace. I'll keep you posted on progress & ofcourse before & afters :)
 
So we get this cabinet, then we head to goodwill to drop off some stuff. Of course at goodwill I see this AWESOME cabinet that is 100 times better than the one I purchased off Craigslist, plus $10 cheaper. So I proceed to ask the goodwill worker if they would consider trading me. Nope. I would have bought it on the spot, but we had this other cabinet in the truck. So we leave, & all I can think about is this other better cabinet. This is where the best-boyfriend-in-the-world comes in. He offers to drive us home, drop off the cabinet, drive us back and buy this other one. So we do just that. Only when we get back, the cabinet has a sold sign on it. REALLY??
 
Nothing a free whipped cream & cinnamon topped cappucino couldn't fix. Did I mention it was FREE? Thank you Thorntons app.
 
 
Then Saturday night I got Jason to try SUSHI! Well, he's tried it before, but this time he ate an entire roll & enjoyed it! Here's to more sushi date nights in my future! :) Here was my date night outfit:
 
You likey?? I'm trying to think more outside the box when it comes to outfits.
 
Then we headed to a friends house and played Battle of the Sexes & Pictionary. Crazy night! Ha :) But really, Battle of the Sexes is not fair. The guy themed questions are sooo hard & the girl themed questions are super easy. Safe to say the guys won that one. Ugh.
 
Finally, Sunday... I cleaned, ate leftovers [for lunch & dinner], watched a Nashville marathon, and received an offer on one of my listings. YES! Plus, Revenge was on again finally!
 
The rest of my weekend was spent taking Kobe on walks, designing my newsletter [never.ending.], dreaming about Mexico, dreaming up ideas for my new office area, and...
 
anxiously awaiting the Pretty Little Liars premiere on Tuesday!!! Who's with me??
 
 

share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

8 Comments »

This entry was posted on Sunday, January 6, 2013. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

8 Responses to “Just Checking In... Weekend Recap :)”

Ashlee @ ashleenikol.com said...

PLL - CAN NOT WAIT!!!
Love your outfit and that cabinet! It sucks the other one was sold when you got back.

Hope ya'll have an awesome time in Mexico!!
~Ashlee
http://ashleenikol.com

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I adore Revenge, but I didn't watch it last night. I hope to get to it tonight!

Jealous of your warm weather trip, it's cold here.

Found you through the linkup.

Holly Foxen Wells of Glamour Mash said...

SHOOT about the cabinet! I bet if you do some fun DIY painting or upgradin to it you can make it fabulous and more YOU than the one you found at Goodwill! Happy to hear you are feeling better!

I hope you have a wonderful week!

xx
Holly Foxen Wells
GlamourMash

Rachel @ front row seat said...

Yes, I likey your outfit! :)

So excited Revenge is back on!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Aside from the Goodwill incident it looks like you had a fantastic weekend! Yay for Mexico! Where are you going?!

Thanks for linking up - so happy to have you! I'm your newest follower :)

Chelsee W said...

Hey! I am stopping by from the blog hop today! I am your newest follower, I love your blog...cute outfit..I love it! If you get a chance, please stop by and follow me back!

Chelsee @ Southern Beauty Guide
southernbeautyguide.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

love love love your date night outfit! and i feel like EVERYONE is sick...glad you are feeling better!

Cortney said...

I am so so sooo excited for PLL, I almost thought today was Tuesday and got a little more excited, dangit! Love your outfit, hot momma!