Braving the Cold

Thursday, January 31, 2013

PicMonkeyCollage-1_zpsfdd66b62 photo PicMonkeyCollage-1_zpsfdd66b62-1_zps6b31c6de.jpg
It's been cold in these parts lately. Well, I take that back. It's been cold, then warm, then cold, then warm. Throw in some rain & snow and there you have it. Kentucky weather. Sigh.

We're gearing up for another cold spurt. [is spurt a word?]
Like hats, gloves, wintercoat & leggings-under-jeans kind of cold.

The only problem with dressing for the cold [for me at least] is that once you get to your destination & go inside you feel like you're going to melt! That's why layers are my best friend!

My go-to outfits when it's cold always include:

-jeans
-leggings [under jeans if it's super cold]
-comfy socks [if found some at costco that are brown, pink & tan. Cute & warm!]
-boots
-long sleeve shirt/button up
-sweater
-vest or coat [I almost got rid of the above vest, but I'm so glad I decided to keep it!]
-gloves, scarf & hat [mostly because I just love to accessorize!]

What's your go-to winter outfit?

xo
Sam

share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

3 Comments »

This entry was posted on Thursday, January 31, 2013. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

3 Responses to “Braving the Cold”

Ashlee @ ashleenikol.com said...

Spurt is definitely a word!
Your beanie is too cute!
What's up with this KY weather? One night tornados, the next day it's spitting snow!!!

Holly Foxen Wells of Glamour Mash said...

Yes it kills me anytime its so cold =outside so you bundle up and then start sweating the second you step inside! Boo to that! I'm big into layering!

xx
Holly Foxen Wells
GlamourMash
Be Sure to Check out The Aestate Giveaway Happening on GlamourMash Now!

Alli said...

My winter outfit includes boot tested for -60 degrees Celsius and a winter parka so thick it looks like a duvet.

Happy Winter!