DIY T-shirt Revamp!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

So with the big game being Saturday.. I decided to revamp one of my lovely UofL t-shirts. I seem to have the problem that whenever I find a Cardinals t-shirt I like, it's too big! Jason bought me this one, which I love, but it still has the same problem. You know how t-shirts never seem to fit right? Well here is your solution :)


Start with this...


Next lay the t-shirt on a flat surface, making sure the front and backsides are lined up correctly. Then, begin to cut strips (about 1" - 1 1/2" wide) towards the middle of the shirt starting at the bottom all the way up to the sleeve.
The longer you make your cuts, the tighter the shirt will end up. I made my cuts start out longer, and taper off towards the sleeve.

Next, cut your shirt along the seam of each strip, giving you two sections you can tie together.


Now your ready to start your ties! Start with the one closest to the sleeve, and tie together. Do this for 2 or 3 of the strips.

Now put your shirt back on & finish tying off the remaining strips. I trimmed off the excess material after I tied, but you could leave it if you like the finge look.

And THIS is what you're left with...

A cuter, more form fitting version of your favorite tee. Pair with skinnies and some cute flats and you have your game day outfit ready to rock :)

xo
Sam

share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2012 and is filed under ,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.