DIY Hair Chalking!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

So have you ever wanted highlights in a bright color, but didn't want to commit to getting something permanent? I have!! I came across this blog video posted by Kandee Johnson showing you exactly how to "chalk" your hair using soft pastel chalks. I already had some, but I know you can purchase them at craft stores like Michaels, Hobby Lobby, etc...


Click the video to play. You can also visit Kandee Johnson's blog by clicking HERE .
Here are the chalks I used..

I opted for red tips this time. First I took a section of hair, and "chalked" it light brown from root to tip. Then I took the bright red and did only the tips. Here is how it turned out for me..


Since I have blonde hair, I put the chalk on dry hair. If you have dark hair, you may have to put the chalk on wet hair, then dry with a hairdryer to get intense color. Watch Kandee's video above for step by step instructions. I'm tellin' ya.. this girl is a genious!

I think next time I might go for purple and black. Not really a professional look, but a girls gotta have some fun! Great for a night out :) Let me know if you try it!

share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Saturday, March 10, 2012 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.