Table Styling 101

Monday, November 12, 2012

Hey loves.
One of my favorite things to do is re-style little areas of our home. Nightstands, desks, the table in the entry way...
They are all fair game.
 
Today I thought I'd share my tips for making every surface in your home unique & stylish.
 
Tip #1) Style for YOU
 
This is my nightstand.
I like to keep little items close by that I like.
You can see from this nightstand that I like color, art, reading, etc.
Decorate for you.
Don't just use things because they are popular or expensive, choose things that show your personality & make you smile.
 
Tip #2) It doesn't have to break the bank.
If you're like me, you like to change things up.
OFTEN.
That means you don't want to spend a shiz load of money each time you want a new look.
Don't be afraid to pull things from around your house.
Use untraditional things like the wine bottles as vases...
The red clock was a goodwill find.
The colorful books are from the library [and happen to be my current reads] but you could also easily thrift some.
The tray was also a thrifting find that I spray painted bright yellow for a pop of color.
 
 
 
Tip #3) Mix patterns, textures, color & sizes
 
 
Get an eclectic look by using a variety of items.
The wine corks add texture.
The wine bottles & lamp add height.
The books, tray & clock add pops of color.
Pattern shows up with the canvas & book designs.
 
Tip #4) Add personal touches & handmade items
 
 
I painted the high heel & made the jewelry display board with wine corks.
The red box was a gift.
If you keep these personal items on display it will give the whole room a more relaxed feel :)
 
The best tip of all: Don't be afraid to go for it. You can always change it back!
 
xo
Sam
 
 
 
 
 
 

share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

3 Comments »

This entry was posted on Monday, November 12, 2012. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

3 Responses to “Table Styling 101”

Fash Boulevard said...

adore this. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Holly Foxen Wells of Glamour Mash said...

I love how personalized you made this! I am always in a mental state of rearrange too!

xx
Holly Foxen Wells
GlamourMash

Kristen said...

Totes agree. My accessories are in constant rotation around my house! So fun, and a great way to feel accomplished without spending any money!