Spice It Up!!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Happy Hump Day :))

I had a sales meeting this morning, then had a few phone calls to make, errands to run.... and finally home to make dinner. I was so excited to try this recipe for...

Thai Chicken with Mango Salsa!!


I got the idea from one of my favorite blogs, Iowa Girl Eats. I usually love Kristen's recipes, and this one did not disappoint!

I adapted her recipe for Thai Chicken Burgers with Mango Salsa and instead used whole chicken breasts and let them marinade in the Thai sauce.



Soooo Good!! And something totally different!

To make the evening even better... after I do my Bodyrockworkout tonight, I'm going to try out another one of Kristen's recipes for dessert...

Brown Butter Banana Bread Cookies!!!


These sound (and look!) amazing!! Hope mine turn out just as good :)

Jason and I have been going back and forth about a possible kitchen makeover... right now we just have oak cabinets, regular solid surface countertops, and white appliances. The layout is great as is, but we're thinking about a stone wall, granite and/or concrete countertops, tile backsplash, painted cabinets with new hardware... and maybe, just maybe new appliances... but who knows!

I'm thinking we could totally tackle the cabinets, backsplash, and possibly even the concrete countertops on our own. I found these pictures for inspiration...





Who knows what we will decide!

share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2012 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.