So I picked up this new product to try - thanks to Influenster - called Lifeway Kefir. It's a strawberry probiotic smoothie. I had a hard time finding it at the grocery at first, but it was in the health food section near produce. I really wanted to try the frozen version of this, similar to frozen yogurt, but my grocery didn't carry it. So I ended up going with the smoothie.
So far I've only tried this straight out of the bottle (be sure to shake good!) but I'm not crazy about the consistency. I think I'm going to try mixing it with ice & fruit to create a thicker fruit smoothie. The taste is pretty good, definitely strawberry. If you like regular yogurt, you would probably really like this. I'm a bigger greek yogurt fan simply from a consistency standpoint.
What are probiotics?
According to the mayo clinic's website, probiotics are a good form of bacteria that can aide with the following:
Although more research is needed, there's encouraging evidence that probiotics may help:
- Treat diarrhea, especially following treatment with certain antibiotics
- Prevent and treat vaginal yeast infections and urinary tract infections
- Treat irritable bowel syndrome
- Reduce bladder cancer recurrence
- Speed treatment of certain intestinal infections
- Prevent and treat eczema in children
- Prevent or reduce the severity of colds and flu
*I received this product complimentary from Influenster's VoxBox program.
Do you like yogurt? Have you tried Kefir?
share this on::