Life Update & Comfort Zones

Monday, August 19, 2013

Hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was spent doing a little bit of shopping, a little bit of work & a little relaxing.

Friday Jason & I grabbed dinner at a local bbq place after he wrapped up a golf game, then Saturday Jason decided to golf again, so I went shopping with a new friend of mine who is actually from Brazil. We went to one of the malls where there is a HUGE F21, and she was telling me how in Brazil, Forever 21 is very expensive, compared to very cheap here. It's fun to learn about where she is from & all of the differences. Later on Saturday we ended up going to a bonfire at a friend of mine from high school's place. It was good catching up with some people I haven't seen in a while for sure.

Sunday we ended up sleeping in a little then I had to get up & go talk to some friends about the possibility of selling their home & moving up into something a little bigger, so we will see what happens there.

I've been really thinking a lot about how stepping outside your comfort zone can lead to greater success in all areas of life. Think about it -- if you push yourself beyond your limits in exercise, you will be successful, but you have to push through a little discomfort. If you eat healthy despite being used to eating junk food every day, by stepping outside your comfort zone that will in turn help you become successful. The same thing goes for social & even business life. Stepping out of your comfort zone helps get results.


So, in hopes of picking up more real estate business, I've really been forcing myself to step out of my comfort zone a little more. Jason & I were at lunch one day, and we were seated outside on the patio with only a few other diners surrounding us. Well, at the next table over, there were two girls about my age discussing homeownership, looking for the perfect home, etc. I overheard their conversation & contemplated whether or not I should hand them a card on my way out. I didn't want them to think I was eavesdropping or something, but I decided to go for it.

I usually keep some really nice postcards in my purse with my picture & company logo that advertise my services, so when we got up to leave I simply walked by & said I overheard them discussing houses, so if I could be of any assistance I would love to help. Then I left my card & was on my way.

Will they call? Who knows. Probably not, but maybe so. Maybe they are looking for a realtor & needed somewhere to start. But the answer is ALWAYS no if you NEVER ask.

From now on when I'm at the grocery, a restaurant, the post office, a bar... I'm going to put myself out there more & see what happens. Because really what's the worse that could happen?


How do you step outside your comfort zone?

share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Monday, August 19, 2013. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.