From Drab to Fab!

Saturday, January 28, 2012

It's the weekend! Woo hoo!

I've had a lazy Saturday morning, catching up reading "Two for the Dough" by my current author addiction, Janet Evanovich. Love them so far... only what, like, 15 more books before I'm caught up with the series??... Better get reading!


Later this afternoon my boyfriend, Jason, & I are meeting some friends for the annual Louisville Boat Show... you know just to have a few beers & lust after a few gorgeous boats we can't afford... Should be a good time!

Then of course this evening my Louisville Cardinals take on Seton Hall.. Here's to hoping the Cards are getting back in the swing of things & take home a much needed road win!!

You will soon learn that I am a HUGE Cards fan! Jason, on the other hand, is a UK fan. Yeah, crazy combo!


Anyways... in the spirit of the weekend, I wanted to share a DIY project you can literally knock out this weekend & spend the rest of the week enjoying the fruits of your labor...

Why not go from drab....


To fab!!!



A few weekends ago, I helped my friend Lauren redo her plain countertops using Giani Granite Countertop Paint. We had it knocked out pretty quick.



We had to prep the countertops, prime with a black primer, sponge on three different colors to create the granite look, & seal with a clear sealer for durability. The best part is, the kit included everything we needed for around $70.00. Can't beat that!!



You can find the Giani paint at your local home improvement store, or even order online. Makes a big impact for little expense, don't ya think? :)

Then she bought lunch (score!) at Blue Dog Bakery off Frankfort Ave. Highly recommend!



Well, I'm off to get ready for the boat show. Catch you guys later! :)

xo
Sam

What's your favorite DIY weekend project you have completed?

share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Saturday, January 28, 2012 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.