Friday Confessions + Easy Mexican Pizza

Friday, April 19, 2013


- There isn't much anything that makes me as happy as my dog! Whether it's just laying around, playing with the tennis ball, or going on a hike & swimming... Kobe seriously brightens my mood like no other.



Puppy LOVE!
 
- I'm SO loving spending more time outside as it warms up. Jason & I went on a Home Depot & Garden Ridge splurge to get flowers & pots to spruce up the outside. He also decided to get some new cushions for the patio furniture.

Planter is from Garden Ridge. 
 
Cushions from Garden Ridge
 
 
 
- Sometimes I feel like my life is turning into one big to-do list! Anyone else??
 
- I've become a 'bed maker'. I never really used to worry about making the bed every single day, but now I do it every morning before I leave the house. For some reason having it put together makes the whole house seem more put together when I get home.
 

 
- Mexican pizza is amazing! I made this the other night for dinner & we devoured it.
 

 
Super easy, too.
 
Ingredients:
 
- 1 wheat thin crust (or make your own if you're feeling super motivated).
- 1 can refried beans mixed with some cumin & cayenne. (the 'sauce'.)
- Chopped red onion
- Chopped tomato
- Corn (can be fresh, canned, or frozen & thawed)
- Chopped cilantro
- Shredded cheddar & monterey jack.
 
Bake for about 7-8 minutes on 450. I cooked mine on a pizza stone, but you could place it right on the rack as well.
 
Then top with sour cream, fresh guac, or slices of avacado. Another variation I've made before is to switch out the refried beans for salsa, and add black beans as a topping. Delish either way!
 
Best served with margaritas... in mason jars... with salt & fresh lime.
 
On that note, I'm off to enjoy the weekend!
 
We might, might attend Thunder over Louisville tomorrow, depending on the weather. Jason has a friend who can get us on the rooftop of Slugger Museam (with the big bat), which will keep us out of all the madness. It may end up being too cold, though.
 
Other than that we will be enjoying dinner with friends tonight, then I have a morning home inspection to attend on Sunday... then hopefully relaxing for part of the weekend!
 
What are you pretties getting into this weekend?
Whatever it is, enjoy!
 
xo
Sam

share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

6 Comments »

This entry was posted on Friday, April 19, 2013. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

6 Responses to “Friday Confessions + Easy Mexican Pizza”

Janna Renee said...

Okay, so your house is super cute, your boots are hot, and that pizza looks awesome!!

Unknown said...

Great outdoor space! Aw, Kobe is so cute.
xoxo Aimee
bowsandbeau-ties.blogspot.com

Because Shanna Said So said...

Garden Ridge is so on my list! I need new patio seat cushions like nobody's business. They have such great ones there!

Stesha said...

I love this set up! It is super cosy & makes me want to come share that pizza with you!!

xxS

Rachael said...

Your dog is so cute! I spy your new Steve Madden boots too!! :) I love mine, although they are a lot tighter on my calves then my other pair... If my jeans aren't super skinny then they start to bunch up when I put them on. Do you notice that too? Also, I have those same black & white ikea pillows!

his little lady said...

Oh my!! That Mexican pizza looks absolutely scrumptious!!!!
xo TJ